Best Ways to Burn MP4 Files to DVD-R
You may consider burning some of your mp4 files to DVD-R for reasons best known to you, ranging from portability to having a backup copy of your files.
Whatever your reasons are, to convert your mp4 files to DVD-R could be quite simple if you know how to do it, and that is exactly what this article will try to achieve.
How to Burn MP4 Files to DVD-R
To burn mp4 files to DVD-R can be effectively done by using the right software tools.
However, to demonstrate how it’s done here we are using RealPlayer Plus.
- Launch the software on your computer and ensure that it is ready for the job before you go to the next step.
- Slot in your DVD-R into your computer’s DVD/DVD-R burner.
- Locate the Library tab at the center top to ensure that the mp4 video you want to burn can be found in the RealPlayer library. If you are not able to find the video you are looking for in the library, you can drag it from the folder or directory where you stored it to the library.
- Click on the burn tab located at the center of the screen. This will trigger the RealPlayer Plus burn screen to appear almost immediately.
- Click on the video disc burner button just above the left panel.
- Under step 1, click on disc type in the left panel, and select the DVD-R video option.
- Under step 2, add your video clips from the RealPlayer Plus library down the right panel; the scroll-down list will be set to library from where you can select your video.
Choose videos from this dropped down, list the file you want to burn and continue to the next step.
- Now you can choose or select the exact video you want to burn.
- Click on the “Add Selected” to disc button below the video list. Once this button is clicked, your videos will appear in the right pane.
- From there, you can swap their positions in order of how you want them to burn them, that is, if you want to burn two or more mp4 files.
- You can now click the Burn Videos to Disc button. A Video Burning Option dialog box will pop up which will allow you customize navigation options whenever you are playing the disc in your DVD or Blu-ray player.
- The next thing to do is to give your new DVD-R file format any name of your choice. This is made possible via the name field which allows you to rename the file.
- At this stage when everything is in place, you can now click on the Burn button. Your mp4 file will be burned into DVD-R disc.
In all of these stages, you have to exhibit a little bit of patience as the speed of your computer may determine how fast the whole process can be.
Now that’s for RealPlayer Plus, but alternatively you can also use Freemake Video converter for this same purpose with little or no hassles.
So, right away let us see the processes involved in converting/burning your mp4 files to DVD-R:
- The first thing you should do is to download and install the Freemake Video converter.
- Then add up your MP4 files. To do this, you click on “+Video” after you have launched your software.
Alternatively, you can drag the mp4 file into the software window if it is actually necessary.
- Choose to DVD/DVD-R. You will see this option in your format bar. Select “to DVD” to ensure that your mp4 file is not copied to another directory or location.
- Set your conversion parameters. There are some parameters you will need to set to ensure that the whole burning process is done without any problem.
Some of the parameters you will need to set include title of the disc, menu type, volume, aspect ratio, encoding system, and audio codec.
These parameters will determine the overall output at the end of the whole burning process.
If you are not sure of the parameters to use, it will be ideal to seek direction from an expert in disc conversion issues.
- Proceed to convert and burn your mp4 file to DVD-R disc. This is actually the last thing you will do and your conversion process would be ready after some minutes depending on the file size.
Ensure that the above steps are taken properly as stated above. If you follow the process above, you are sure of having your mp4 files burned to your DVD-R disc.
In this article we have been able to look at the various steps involved in burning your MP4 files to DVD-R using two different software tools to show exactly how this is done.
There are some other applications you can use to effectively do this, see: Easily Burn MP4 Files to DVD-R