How to Easily Burn ISO to DVD
This post provides complete information to help you learn how you can easily and quickly burn or convert ISO files to DVD.
Please, continue reading:
What is ISO File?
An ISO file also known as ISO image is a file that contains the exact or identical copy or image of data that can be found in an optical disc e.g. a CD or DVD.
ISO files are mainly used for backing up optical discs or storage of large file sets that a computer user would like to burn to an optical disc.
With the description above, you can deduce the two functions of an ISO file or image into two:
- Backup for files that can be found in an optical disk like CD, DVD, and Blu-ray.
- Storage of large files a computer user intend burning into another optical disk like CD, DVD, and Blu-ray.
Some of these large files could include computer video games, Operating Systems, and many other large files.
So, the ISO provides a computer user a more convenient way of backing up and storing large files with convenience.
In recent times with the advent of new Windows Operating Systems, the ISO is used as a means of unlocking systems that have been locked by the user without any remembrance of the password.
This ISO can be used in such a case as a major means of unlocking the system almost instantly.
ISO files can be burned into different optical discs such as blu-ray and DVD, providing the computer user with many options depending on their preference and convenience.
So, in this article, we will be looking at how you can burn your ISO file into DVD.
With the steps below, you should be able to burn your ISO file into a DVD with little or no stress.
How to Burn ISO into DVD
Burning an ISO into a DVD is quite easy if you have Windows 7 and 8 (with the exception of Windows 10) installed into your computer.
This is because, these versions of Windows come with the option for burning an ISO image to disc embedded into them.
You must ensure that your computer has an optical disc writer, i.e. your DVD-RW.
This may seem as an obvious thing but some mini laptops come without this feature. You can get an external DVD-RW to help you with this.
If you have these things in place (newer versions of Windows and your DVD-RW), then you can proceed to the steps below to burn your ISO to DVD.
Steps to burn ISO files to DVD:
- Insert a blank DVD into your DVD-RW optical drive. Ensure that your DVD plate has been formatted before use to avoid having any issues whatever with writing on it.
- Right-click on the ISO file you want to burn and select “Burn disk image”.
- Select “verify disc after burning”. This is to ensure that the burning process goes through without errors whatever.
- You can now click on “Burn” to start up the burning process.
In the case of Windows 10 that does not have the in-built way of burning your ISO file to DVD, you can use an open-source software like “Infrarecord”.
How to Burn an ISO into DVD Using InfraRecord
InfraRecord is considered to be one of the simplest, easy-to-use and best free CD/DVD burning software out there in the market.
Despite this fact, it is an amazing piece of freeware capable of carrying out in the CD and DVD area.
It is an Open-source CD/DVD burning software, simple and straightforward and above all simple yet powerful.
Before you talk about getting started with the burning process using InfraRecord, first thing is to install InfraRecord in your Windows PC. You can get a copy of this software from the internet easily.
If you have installed the software, then let us proceed with the various steps needed to burn your ISO file using InfraRecord.
- Go to your Windows desktop and click on the Start Menu.
- Click on All Programs.
- Identify InfraRecord software and launch InfraExpress.
- From the list of the options, click on “Copy” and then click on “Create Image from Disc”. This will pop up a message – “Copy to Disc Image” which is followed by two boxes which indicate the device you are copying from and the device you are copying to, as well as the name of the Output ISO image.
- Select the directory where you want to copy the ISO file from using the “…” button. Here you can also select the name of ISO file you want to burn. Note that the default name of the file remains “Untitled.iso” until you give it a name.
- On the Read tab, choose whether the program should ignore errors or not, read sub-channel data or not and the read speed.
- When you are done with the modifications, click on “Ok” to start up the burning process. The burning process starts up by itself immediately you click on “OK”. This is confirmed by a Window showing the progress of the burning process.
- If you don’t want to complete the process, you can click the “Cancel” button to end the process.
Burning your ISO file to DVD is quite a simple task which you can perform if you consider all the steps stated above.
You also have the option of using the InfraRecord to help you do it far more easily.
There is no doubt that the two options above will help you do exactly what you have in mind with little or no stress.
7 Best DVD Creator Software to Make Your Perfect DVD
Are you looking for software tools to help you create DVDs from your videos, music, or photos? If your answer is yes, then you need to check out the best seven of such software tools that we have selected for you.
Check them out here:
Amazing DVD Creator.
Best Discounts, Promos, on your Favorite Software
Don't miss out in getting the software you've always wanted for a little fraction of the original price.