How to Easily Burn PowerPoint Presentations to DVD
If you are looking for information on how to effectively burn your PowerPoint presentations to DVD, this post presents the steps you need to take to achieve the goal.
PowerPoint is a widely used Microsoft software application that enables individuals, organizations, and businesses to clearly and effectively make presentations.
It is possible to store your PowerPoint presentation in a DVD for safe keeping or easy movement, or for any other reason as this article will show you how to get it done.
But first, let us look at some of the various important software applications by Microsoft:
Kinds of Microsoft Software Applications
There are lots of applications out there that are used for different purposes unlike the system software which are designated for the sole purpose of controlling the activities of the computer.
A perfect example of such system software is the operating system.
Application software programs are divided into the following:
- Word processing software: A perfect example is the Microsoft Word and Wordpad
- Database software: An example is the Microsoft Access and Oracle
- Spreadsheet software: Microsoft Excel and Apple Numbers
- Multimedia software: Here you have Media Player and Real Player
- Presentation software: Here you have PowerPoint and Keynote
- Enterprise software: Here you have customer relationship management tools
- Simulation software: Examples are flight and scientific simulators.
We can go on and on with the various kinds of software. From the above classes of software, you will discover that PowerPoint belongs to the class of Presentation Software.
This software is used majorly for presentation purposes. This is facilitated by a lot of features that allows a user to make some wonderful presentation.
This software is very helpful for creating engaging presentations. Some of the benefits of using PowerPoint for your presentation include:
- Easy-to-use-and-learn: PowerPoint is not just easy to use; it is also easy to learn. Within days, one can learn how to use PowerPoint from scratch to a satisfactory level.
- Good to use in presenting bullet points: During presentations, PowerPoint is very good in helping you create bullet point that makes for more clarification on what you are talking about.
- Colorful and attractive designs: It is not only good for creating designs; it is also good in creating wonderful designs which could catch the attention of the audience.
- Easy to rearrange the slides: PowerPoint comes with the slide features. Each slide contains a definite kind of information.
With PowerPoint, you will be able to rearrange the slides and put them in a way you feel is good and logical to your presentation.
Converting PowerPoint Presentation to Video
One important thing you must do if you want to have your PowerPoint presentation in a DVD is to first convert it to video, meaning you have to change it from being a stack of slides to a playable video.
With this it becomes very easy to burn to DVD or any other storage device as you might choose.
So assuming you have your slides ready to be converted to video, here are the steps you will take both to convert it to video and then burning it to DVD using any burner of your choice.
Before then, you have to put the following in place:
- First is the computer you will be working with. Having a good computer with all the features needed to support both the version of the PowerPoint you will use and the burning software will be a welcome idea.
- Good burning software: You will definitely need this software. You will not need it to convert your PowerPoint slides to video, but you will need it to burn the newly created video to DVD.
For this tutorial, let us consider using the Ashampoo Burning Studio. It is sure to do a great job.
- Then you will need a good DVD plate where you can burn the PowerPoint video to. Be sure that the DVD plate is in good shape and ready for the job.
To ensure this, first of all format the DVD plate from your computer. Just slot in the DVD into the DVD drive and allow the computer detect it.
After that, locate the directory and right click on it. Select the format option and format the DVD plate right away.
Steps to Burn PowerPoint Presentations to DVD
So, here are the steps to take to burn your PowerPoint presentation to DVD on the assumption that you have all the above requirements:
- Save and Send
This is done from the main PowerPoint window; simply click on the “File” icon and select “Save & Send”. Click on this and get to the next step.
- The next you will do is to choose the “Create a Video” option
3. Choose the video size
You have the option of choosing “Computers & HD Displays”, which is the highest quality file, “Internet and DVD” which creates an average file size, and “Portable Devices” which creates a low quality file.
It is advisable to use the “Computer and HD” option to get the best quality from the video.
- Choose between recorded slides or automated slides
Check the box if you want to use automated presentation, else you can leave the box unchecked if you prefer recorded slides and voice overs.
5. Automate the slide animations
To automate the slide animations, select the amount of time you want each slide to be displayed using the drop-down menu.
The automated time will apply for each slide and this includes other media files added to the slide.
- Create the video
After the steps above, the next thing left for you to do is to click on the “Create Video” icon to produce the slides in a video form.
You can also select the location where you want the video to be stored, choose the file name and click on “Ok”.
- Launch the Ashampoo Burning Studio
After launching the Ashampoo Burning Studio, select “Burn Data”, followed by selecting “New Disc”.
- Select the files from the folder
On the interface there, use the “+” button to locate and import the video you have created from PowerPoint to your current project.
- Prepare the file for burning
You can select multiple files but in this case, you might need just one file since you are burning only the video you made from your PowerPoint and not other videos.
Next thing you do is to click on “Next” to select the disc where the video will be burned. Of course, it is the DVD you have slotted into your computer.
- Click on Write
It is assumed that at this point that you have already slotted in your DVD to the DVD drive.
So, after identifying the DVD directory from the Ashampoo Interface, just click on “Write” to start burning the video file to the DVD.
With that, your video file will be burned to the DVD in the DVD drive.
Burning your PowerPoint presentations to DVD is never going to be a difficult job. The major work you have to do is to convert it first from slides to videos.
After that, you launch the Ashampoo Burning Studio and get the job done perfectly within few minutes.
7 Best DVD Creator Software to Make Your Perfect DVD
Are you looking for software tools to help you create DVDs from your videos, music, or photos? If your answer is yes, then you need to check out the best seven of such software tools that we have selected for you.
Check them out here:
Amazing DVD Creator.