How to Easily Download WhatsApp on Samsung Phone
If you just got your Samsung smartphone, it is understandable why you need to download and install the WhatsApp Messenger app, the social media app that has arguably the best engagement rate than any other social media application out there.
WhatsApp Messenger is one of the best chat apps in the world with over 1 billion downloads so far. It is loved for its simplicity and user friendly features.
People use it for chats and sharing pictures and videos. You can engage an individual or a group.
Whatsapp is a complete winner for sending text messages, images, audios, videos, and making calls. All free but it uses the Internet connection of your smartphone.
One of the features that helped WhatsApp edge out blackberry chat messenger was its multiplatform cross functionality. It is available on most mobile operating systems like IPhone, Windows, and even as a web application.
WhatsApp Messenger is a unique and complete alternative to SMS, a one-time popular service by telecommunications providers.
It literally has replaced traditional SMS messaging with a free instant messaging system over 3G/4G or WiFi.
Steps to Downloading and Installing Whatsapp on Samsung Phone
Now, how do you download and install whatsApp Messenger on your phone?
In truth, Whatsapp is a great addition to the set of apps you want sitting right there on your phone. Now, let’s see how you can download the app step by step.
One quick warning!
Your Samsung smartphone should run on android, because with other OS, downloading Whatsapp Messenger is a bit complex.
That said, please follow these steps:
1. Start by first locating Google Play Store by tapping it from the list of apps found on your Samsung mobile device or open your browser, type whatsapp.com, look for the download button that is marked for android. When you tap download, it will take you to Google Play store.
2. Google Play Store Opens with a search bar on top. The search bar has the words Google play that disappears when you start typing on it.
On the space provided type “WhatsApp”, an auto suggest popup list will display, tap the appropriate version that you can see. Go ahead and simply touch this app in order to install it.
3. If your device is short on memory, then this stage helps you create space so your device can run this app on your phone.
You will have to delete one or more apps, those you can do without for now. If you have space on your phone, then this step is not necessary. Move to step 4.
4. Tap the “Install” button to be able to download and install the app. Wait for few seconds as it downloads. It should not take much time.
5. Next, choose “Accept” when prompted to confirm that the app needs to access some personal details available from the Samsung phone like media files, contacts, videos etc.
6. After the app has been installed, you will be notified on a popup. You simply have to tap the app and this will open into a login screen. The login screen will request for your phone number.
7. Enter your phone number. The number you want for Whatsapp just in case you have more than one phone number.
8. After filling the number, It will send an OTP or passcode to your phone as SMS (OTP means One Time Password).
Enter the 6 digits and you are set.
Go ahead and start chatting and connecting with your world.
Just if you want to know some of the best features and benefits about WhatsApp Messenger, then read on:
Things to Know about the Whatsapp Messenger Tool
1. Whatsapp is so cool, you can do a lot of things with it.
2. One of the best things about WhatsApp is that it is completely free for use.
3. You can instantly send a message to almost anyone anywhere in the world.
4. It is easy to use, even someone new to mobile devices can use it.
5. There is voice call support and video calls is also available.
6. One can send files to anyone (files up to 100Mb such as Mp3, Wordfile, PDF, Slideshows, Images, Videos, etc.)
7. It is free of advert.
8. You can delete a message sent after sometime.
9. The app imports the contacts from your phone and you can tell how many of your friends are on Whatsapp.
10. You can share your status with your friends and that last for 24 hours.
11. It provides details about your messages sent, if the receiver has received or read the message. (a single tick shows sent but you have to wait for the double tick to know its delivered. When the double tick turns blue it shows it has been read unless the person turned off that indicator).
12. Your Whatsapp account is still intact when you change to a new number.
13. Whatsapp started providing end-to-end encryption feature, which makes your WhatsApp communication highly secure.
Whatsapp is a great app to have. This article explained the steps to download and install it on your Samsung phone. It also educates on some of the top services you could use the app for.
7 Best Android Device Manager Software That Work Great
Managing your android phone and other devices has never been this easier! Discover best software tools that help you to:
Check them out here:
How to Install Whatsapp on Samsung Galaxy Phone
Discover amazing things your android phone can do: 7 Best Android Manager Software Tools
Best Discounts, Promos, on your Favorite Software
Don't miss out in getting the software you've always wanted for a little fraction of the original price.