How to Block Samsung Phone after the Theft
This article will help you with quick tricks to block or lock your Samsung phone after a theft or loss.
You will learn more than one method to do this; read on to learn all about them.
The use of cell phones has become a big part of our lives.
We make calls, send SMS, emails, and create a To-Do list, among other things a cell phone can help us achieve.
Over time, more sophisticated devices flood the market with mind-blowing capabilities that promise more enjoyment and efficiency.
Though this development can be viewed as good news, it has created new problems.
We depend so much on our phones to run our lives to the point that our lives practically shut down if something goes wrong.
In some cases, one’s pain is not just the loss of the phone but the loss of files and other important things stored in the phone like login details, passwords, etc.
If the phone is not blocked immediately, then the files and other valuable data are at risk of being accessed unlawfully by personalities that don’t mean well.
How to Block Samsung Phone after the Theft
Here are ways to effectively block or lock your Samsung phone if stolen or lost:
- IMEI method: IMEI means, “International Mobile Equipment Identification”. It is a 15-digit number assigned to every mobile device regardless of brand. How do you know the IMEI of your Samsung phone?
There are four ways to find the IMEI number of your Samsung phone:
- Dial *#06#, and your phone’s IMEI number will appear on your screen.
- Check under your battery to see it.
- Go to settings and tap on “About Phone.” The IMEI number is one of the details you will see about your device.
- The fourth is a bit long. It is what you revert to if your Samsung phone is lost and you forgot to write down the IMEI number before the phone got lost. In this case, log in to your Google account dashboard, scroll down to find the “Android devices” section. When you click on it, you will see all the devices you have used to log in to your Google account in the past. Find the device you are looking for, then click on the “more data stored about this device” option. Once you do this, it will display the IMEI of the Samsung device.
To complete the process of blocking the device, you need to get a copy of the first information Report (FIR) from the nearest police station and a copy of the IMEI number and contact your service provider to help block the phone.
You might ask how possible it is to block a Samsung phone using this method.
The explanation is quite simple.
Anytime you switch on your mobile phone, the IMEI number is sent to the IMEI register Database.
This database consists of three categories: the whitelist, the Greylist, and the blacklist.
When you ask for your phone to be blocked, the IMEI is moved to the blacklist to render it useless.
The IMEI is what is also used to track your mobile device wherever it might be at that moment.
That’s the IMEI method.
2. The second method to consider is using Device manager, and here are the steps:
Type in the following into your web browser address section: www.google.com/android/devicemanager
Log into your Google account to view the settings.
If you have ever used your Google account on that lost Samsung phone, it will appear on the screen.
Also, your devices that are location-tracker enabled that is one will appear on the screen.
Click on “Lock,” “Disable,” or “Erase all data,” as you might choose.
However, these options can only work if they were enabled in Advance using settings-security-Device Administrators-Android device manager.
3. The last method we will look at is an application called Wiperoid.
It is an interesting app as it does not require internet use to block/lock your Samsung phone.
It makes use of just SMS.
This app helps you block your Samsung phone. Here are the basic features of this fantastic app:
- Can delete personal files despite the location when you lose your phone.
- Alerts you through SMS when another sim card is inserted into the lost phone.
- Detect calls from the lost phone.
- Detect all the contacts in the lost phone.
- Notifies your friends and family about the incident through SMS
- Trace the location of the lost phone.
- Detects the IMEI number of your phone.
- It blocks the stolen phone just with a simple SMS.
These are the most notable features of the app. I guess it might seem unbelievable, but it is worth giving a try.
However, to activate the remote lock, you have to allow Wiperoid to be the device administrator on the phone you are using at the moment.
You have enough options to block your lost device.
You can choose your preferred method.
Keep your smartphone safe as much as you can; prevention is always better than a cure.
It can be stressful to find ways to block your Samsung phone if you lose it.
7 Best Android Device Manager Software That Work Great
Managing your android phone and other devices has never been this easier! Discover best software tools that help you to:
Check them out here: