How to Set up Voicemail on Samsung Galaxy S4, S5, S6, S7, S8
If you are looking for information on how to set up voicemail on a Samsung Galaxy phone, including S4, S5, S6, S7, and S8, then you will find this post helpful.
It provides simple steps to follow to successfully set up voicemail on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
Please read on:
What is Voicemail?
Voicemail is one feature that comes with new telephone systems, specifically VoIP.
It is a voice message that a caller sends when the receiver is absent or busy with another phone conversation.
The voicemail system is similar in a way to the old answering machine, but in this case, the voice message is not stored on your answering machine, it is stored on the network provider’s server, in a space dedicated for the user known as a mailbox.
It is not very different from email, only that the messages are voices instead of text.
All major network providers have a special voicemail code which you can easily use, read further to learn how to set up voicemail with a Samsung Galaxy.
How to Set up Voicemail on a Samsung Galaxy Phone
- Go to App Drawer and hit on Phone
- If you see the contact list opening, tap on the phone dialler icon located at the bottom-right corner.
- Once you see the keypad dialer interface, touch and hold number 1 key.
- Now one of two things can take place. One, if the service is enabled your phone will prompt you to insert or create a new password after you dial the voicemail number.
You might also get a message asking you to record the greeting message at this point.
Furthermore, you’ll be directed with a message to input your voicemail number in case your carrier didn’t configure this service when your device was first activated.
- If the first circumstance is the case, then go along with the instructions provided by your carrier to complete setting up your voicemail. If you’re directed to input your voicemail number, tap on Add Number
- If you have no idea what your voicemail number is, then request it from your network carrier or you could search online using these keywords “voicemail number + YourCarrierName + YourCountry”.
- Now carry out the instructions specified by your service provider to achieve setting up your voicemail.
Note: If you recently changed the service provider or you bought a used phone, it is likely that you have the wrong voicemail number set up.
If this is the case, go to App Drawer and tap on Phone. The next thing is to hit on More and then press Settings.
- Once you find Settings, scroll all the way down to Voicemail Settings and tap on the entry. This will open a pop-up in which you can change the voicemail number.
How to Set up Visual Voicemail on Samsung Galaxy S6 Phone
Visual Voicemail works by accessing your voicemails and getting voice messages along with the caller’s information from time to time.
It then displays a list that comprises the name and the number of the caller, including the length and priority level of the voicemail.
Before you attempt to configure this feature, do well to use a provisioned SIM card.
For more details as regards this subject matter, contact your carrier.
Visual Voicemail is one interesting feature, but not all service providers support it – some carriers do, others don’t.
Follow these steps to configure visual voicemail on Samsung Galaxy S6 device:
- On the home screen, you should expand the App Drawer and press the entry termed Visual Voice Mail
- You’ll be taken through several screen slides showcasing some of the capabilities of Visual Voicemail. Tap on Start to configure the service.
- If you are yet to reset your voicemail, you will be instructed to do so, but if you followed the steps of the first guide, that won’t happen.
Whatever the case, after you have keyed your voicemail password, then press End Call.
- After a few seconds of processing time, your Visual Voicemail should now be configured.
- From the following screen, you can set your personal greeting or press Ok to skip this step.
To access a voicemail using this service, click the App Drawer from your home screen and hit on Visual Voicemail.
- You’ll find a list showing all your voicemails. You can choose them All or press the New tab to only reveal the ones that you haven’t listened to so far.
- After you open a voicemail, you can listen to it by tapping the Play button.Tap the trash icon and then tap Delete, if you want to delete a message.
Note: If you intend to replace your voicemail password right from the Visual Voicemail app, hit the menu icon and move to Settings.
The next action is to press Change Password and input your existing password. You’ll be instructed to enter your new password twice. Hit OK to confirm.
The steps to set up voicemail on your device is not as difficult as one might think.
All you need to do is to follow the steps outlined here. I trust you found this article helpful?
7 Best Android Device Manager Software That Work Great
Managing your android phone and other devices has never been this easier! Discover best software tools that help you to:
Check them out here:
Best Discounts, Promos, on your Favorite Software
Don't miss out in getting the software you've always wanted for a little fraction of the original price.