How to Burn Data DVD on Windows 10
This post provides detailed information on how to burn data DVD on Windows 10; it covers what data DVD is and what it is used for.
It also discusses Windows 10 – its features and major differences between it and previous versions of windows.
Please, keep reading:
What is Data DVD?
A data DVD is a type of DVD that stores videos as data files on a given DVD.
As you know, data can be manipulated and changed to something else with certain procedures.
So, data DVD allows a user to edit the contents on the DVD, including adding extra content to the already existing content.
A typical data DVD can be played on a DVD player which probably supports such data DVD format.
Data DVD is not to be mistaken with DVD video. This is because the two are different in what they are used for.
DVD video format is used when you wish to share your videos on DVDs with friends and family, basically because it is playable on most DVD players while data DVD is basically used for PC users who wish to edit the videos or make additions to the already existing contents.
Windows Operating System
Windows is an Operating System created and owned by the Microsoft Corporation.
Windows has made a lot of transformations and adjustments over the years to improve user experience of the Windows operating system.
So, here is the list of Windows Operating Systems from the oldest to the most recent version:
- Windows 1.0 (1985) which worked with MS version 1.0
- Windows 2.0/286/386 (1987 which worked with MS Version 2.0
- Windows 3.x (1990-1992) which worked with MS Version 3.x
- Windows 95 (1995) which worked with MS Version 4.0
- Windows 98 (1998) which worked with MS Version 4.1
- Windows ME (2000) which worked MS Version 4.9
- Windows NT (1993) which worked with MS Versions 3.1, 3.5, and 4.0
- Windows 2000 (2000) which worked MS Version 5.0
- Windows XP (2001) which MS Version 5.1
- Windows Vista (2006) which MS Version 6.0
- Windows 7 (2009) which worked with MS Version 6.1
- Windows 8/8.1 (2012-2013) which worked with MS Version 6.2/6.3
- Windows 10 (2015) which worked with MS Version 6.4
- Windows 10 S (2017).
Each of these Windows versions comes with either 32-bit or 64-bit format.
So, Windows 10 is the latest version of Windows available to Windows users all over the globe.
In this article, we are going to focus on how you can burn a data DVD on Windows 10.
Processes here may or may not be different from what is obtainable with other older versions of Windows.
But the processes stated here work well with Windows 10.
But before you can proceed to burning a data DVD on Windows 10, here is what you will need for the tutorial:
What you need to Burn Data DVD on Windows 10
- Personal Computer with Windows 10 installed on it: for this tutorial, you don’t only need a PC, but one with an activated Windows 10.
This tutorial is specifically for Windows 10 PC not just all Windows version.
- Data DVD you want to burn: this is the data DVD that will be burned to another DVD or optical disc of your choice.
Well, it is advisable to play the data DVD to ensure it is in great condition to avoid having issues in the burning process.
Also, ensure that the blank DVD that you want to burn the data DVD to is formatted correctly and ready for use before you insert it to the DVD drive.
- The last tool you need is a third party burner. For this tutorial, we will make use of Aiseesoft DVD Creator.
This software will do a perfect job, and sure you will not have troubles using it at any point in time.
To ensure compatibility with Windows 10, download the latest version of this software to use.
Note that before you can burn a data DVD to another DVD, you will need to copy it temporarily to the PC before you can proceed to burning it to another DVD.
Steps to Burn Data DVD on Windows 10
The steps below are for burning the data DVD to another DVD on the assumption that the file has been copied temporarily to the PC drive:
- Launch the Aiseesoft DVD Creator
This is done after the download and installation of this software. You can learn more about the software and download the latest version here: Aiseesoft DVD Creator.
After that, carry out a successful installation and launch the software to start a new project.
After the launch click on “Create a DVD Video Disk”.
This will open up a directory where you can add your files to the Aiseesoft Graphic User Interface.
If you are not comfortable with this, you can alternatively drag and drop the files to the interface.
- Slot in a blank DVD you will burn the data DVD to
After slotting in the blank DVD, click the Menu tab to bring out the list of templates you can choose from.
Click on a particular template to make it the choice template for the video and continue.
- Move to the burn tab
After selecting your template, move to the burn tab where you can set preferences like DVD name, file format, burner, disk playback mode etc.
Once you are done making these settings, click on the “Burn” button to start up the burning process.
Once you click the burn button, within some minutes, you will be able to burn the data DVD to another DVD.
These are the processes involved in burning a data DVD on Windows 10, as simple as that.
The choice of using Aiseesoft DVD Creator was to help you have a clean, flawless and smooth burning experience which you crave for.
So, first download the latest version of this software and then follow the steps stated above to get your burning job executed expertly.